Christmas at the Museum 2022
November 26 @ 10:00 am - December 18 @ 4:00 pm$5
Starting on November 26, the Gresham Historical Society is transformed into a winter wonderland! Open Thursdays through Sundays, this annual holiday tradition features lavish decorations, a miniature village, a gingerbread competition, a selfie wall, and Santa Claus every Saturday!
Santa Claus is here from 10 to 4 every Saturday
This year, decorations include impressive collections of Santa Clauses, nutcrackers, and snowmen, as well as seven Christmas trees.
All are invited to join us on December 18 at 1:00 p.m. for the awarding of Gingerbread House Competition prizes.
About the Gingerbread House Competition
This year’s theme is “Christmas Around the World.”
Registration is closed for this year’s competition. Voting will begin on November 26 at 10:00 a.m.
Professional Bakers (space for 15 entries)
Amateur Bakers (open to 20 entries by individuals, families, or other groups and businesses)
- Entries must take the form of a building (e.g. house, barn, commercial structure) – creative interpretations are encouraged!
- No pre-made kits will be eligible
- The size of the base cannot exceed 20″ x 20″, and the height may not exceed 36″
- Entries must be constructed entirely of edible materials, excluding the base and interior structural supports. No electrical or battery-powered components are allowed
- Please include a list of materials with your entry form
- Participants will deliver their entries to the museum on November 22 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. by appointment and place them in specified locations. Staff will not move or handle contest entries. If you are unable to bring your entry to the museum on the 22nd, please call us at (503) 661-0347 to make other arrangements
- Entries must be removed from the museum on Sunday, December 18 following the awards
- Numbers will be assigned to each entry and must be displayed in the front right corner of the base
A panel of judges will award prizes based on overall appearance, difficulty, creativity, and originality. Museum visitors will vote on one People’s Choice winner per division between November 26 and December 17. Final judging and the awarding of prizes will take place at the museum on Sunday, December 18, and 1:00 p.m.
People’s Choice (one per division): $200
1st Place: $1,500
2nd Place: $1,000
3rd Place: $750
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $750
3rd Place: $500
Honorable Mention: $100
Thank you to our presenting sponsors, Gresham Ford and Gresham Sanitary Service:
And to our sponsors, Riverview Bank, Kohler Meyers O’Halloran, Inc., Stamp Connection, and Moen Machinery: