Christmas at the Museum ~ Gingerbread House Contest
Saturday, November 27th – December 19th
Entries: Construct your favorite Candyland-themed house from your imagination out of gingerbread.
- All Gingerbread House entries must be in the form of a building (examples: barn, house, commercial building)
- Categories are youth to the age of 14, Adults 15+ and Professional/Business.
Gingerbread House Specifications and instructions
- The Youth may use Gingerbread House Kits. Adults and Profession/Businesses may not use a kit.
- All houses must be displayed on a base not exceeding 24×24 and may not exceed 36” in height. We suggest you use a
1⁄2 or 3⁄4” plywood as your base. Cardboard bases will not be accepted. Houses might be viewed on all sides.
- Constructed from Edible materials. No artificial materials may be used other than the base or interior structural
support system. No electrical or battery-operated items will be allowed.
- The materials list must be included with your entry form.
- You will deliver and place your entry at the Museum where directed. Staff will not place them for you. Deliver
completed Gingerbread house to the museum by appointment, Nov 22 and 23rd 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- All houses must be removed on Monday, Dec 20, 2021, or staff will dispose of them.
- Your ID number issued with your reservation must be displayed on the lower right corner of the base.
- Youth $20 (includes Kit*)
- Adult $20
- Professional/Business $20
*Youth kits include walls, roofs, and icing. Limit 1 entry per person /business
Register online (below) or in-person From October 15, 2021, to Nov 1, 2021. Pick up of youth kits will be on Nov 5th and 6th at the museum by reservation. Open to the first 20 Youth, 20 Adults, and 20 Professionals.
Entries will be judged on overall appearance, difficulty, creativity & originality by a panel of Judges. There will be one People’s Choice winner who will come from those who vote in the Museum from Nov 27th to December 19th at noon. Final judging and awards will take place at the museum on Sunday, December 19, 2021, from 2-3 pm
- Youth $75
- Adult $150
- People’s Choice $200
- One honorable mention from either youth or Adults $75
- Professional/Business category prizes of 1st $1500 2nd $750 3rd $500
DOWNLOAD RULES AND ENTRY FORM HERE
…or fill out the entry form below.
Gingerbread House Contest Entry Form